Monday, September 10, 2012

TWA - The Dresses

This is the last wedding-related post I will write but I already have some next posts waiting and I hope I'm able to keep up with posting at least once a week :))
But on with the post...so I made the crazy decision to make the bridesmaid dresses myself and on top of that i made an even more outrageous decision to sew my bridal dress myself also. The bridesmaid dresses weren't too difficult to sew because the cut i was going for was simple enough and also i used linen for the dresses which is a simple fabric to work with. The bridal dress on the other hand was a completely different story. I used very lightweight silk to make the dress and i can tell that it wasn't a forgiving material to work with so it was kind of stressful. And to tell you the truth if i had the chance to do it all over again i would definitely skip making my own dress although i liked the way it looked in the end, especially the beading on the dress (but that i could have just done to a ready-made dress also). It would have been just much less stressful to just buy a dress and make some alterations to that if wanted. But what's done is done and fortunately everything turned out great anyways and that is really the only thing i would have done differently if i would have known better ;P
But now... on with the pictures...

 I found this picture of a linen dress on the internet and thought it looked cute and that something similar would be nice for my bridesmaids also.
 

So this is the version I made for my bridesmaids. All three of them had the chance to decide how short or long they wanted the dress to be. And my sister (on the picture below) wanted it to be quite short ;D

 I wanted my dress to have a glimpse of red in it and for some reason i immediately imagined the dress with red beads made out of seashells so they have a really beautiful sheen to them. And that's exactly what i used to make the beaded part of the dress.


And here's a glimpse of the back of the dress.

Hope you have an awesome day!!

No comments: